We are looking for a Engineering Manager to join our visionary team of developers on our quest to drive technical innovation and lead the evolution of ecommerce. We are a tight-knit, young and professional team located Wroclaw, Poland and Stockholm, Sweden. The team member we are searching for needs a prolific skillset and an eagerness to grow, learn and solve problems as a team.
At Centra, we work hard, fast and are passionate about what we do. We've gotten to where we are today because of dedication, teamwork, raw talent and our strong belief in driving innovation. English is our working language, so you need to be a fluent English speaker.
FrontEnd Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for driving our front-end projects making sure that the code base is well-architected and of the highest quality. You will act as a key player for solving problems and making sure solutions we build are the most efficient, maintainable and fulfil the requirements. As a senior developer, you will be mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues, helping them to develop their skills and become better programmers. Being a Team Lead, you will be the main person responsible for front-end engineers' performance reviews and development plans.
- You have 5+ years of experience building modern web applications in a commercial environment
- You have extensive React.js and Typescript experience
- You are a hands-on programmer, eager to do the work yourself and possess can-do attitude
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have experience leading front-end teams building in-house products
- You possess good interpersonal, leadership and conflict mitigation skills
- Establishing and executing upon the technical vision
- Working together with our backend architect lead, the (business side) product leadership and all other product stakeholders to design the product roadmap from an engineering perspective
- Coaching, mentoring and evaluating team members and drive their development
- Ensuring front-end codebase is well-architected, tested, meets the coding standards and is of the highest quality
- Be a part of the development team and take part in sprint to build our products
- Cooperating with the Product Owner and Scrum Master on high-level epic estimations and refining the tasks as needed
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to ensure sprints are progressing as planned and sprint goals are met
Centra Front-end stack includes
- React, Redux/MobX
- PostCSS, CSS Modules, css-in-js, HTML5
- e2e testing: Cypress.io
- GitHub, CircleCI, Trello, Heroku, Digital Ocean, Slack
We’re shaping the future of e-commerce by building a tech-driven platform that enables Direct-to-Consumer and wholesale e-commerce brands to grow and accelerate globally. We are growing exponentially, and our application is battle- and stress-tested by some of the strongest brands in the business. With millions of orders processed last year, and an ability to handle thousands of API calls every second, we aim to go even bigger – with zero limits ahead. We use Redis, Elasticsearch and a lot of caching to produce API endpoints that are performant and hard to kill.
We have multiple teams working on different products. You may have a strong preference for some technologies or products, so based on the interview and your feedback you will have an opportunity to join a team that is right for you. This will be your first home. After a few months, you may want to rotate into a different team.
All teams work within the boundaries of the Scrum framework. If you like to do pair programming or apply other techniques, you are welcome to do so. We try to avoid having long meetings (or having a lot of them) and we put a lot of focus on fast and efficient communication inside the team (Slack, Google Meet, face-to-face).
What you can expect from us:
- Headless e-commerce platform for fashion & lifestyle brands
- A portfolio of clients from some of the most renowned fashion brands in Europe (ie. Stronger)
- Secured a €10M series A funding round
- Hybrid work culture (spend 50% of your week in the office and 50% where ever you like to work from )
- Contract flexibility (contract of employment or B2B, you choose)
- A team where you can run your own projects and be trusted with your work
- Workation to leave the office for a couple of days or weeks and combine work with leisure
- Bi-weekly massages in the office
- Luxmed medical insurance plan to keep you healthy
- Multisport Plus card and a pack of fitness buddies to join you on your journey to getting fit and strong
- A non-hierarchical work-environment where you’ll have a lot of impact and space for growth
- A budget for participating in educational programs, meet-ups, and other events related to your profession
Feel at home
- Casual dress atmosphere. Wear whatever makes you feel good.
- A multicultural environment where you always belong, no matter your ethnicity, gender, religious, or social background
- Pet-friendly office. We love animals, so you can feel free to bring your pet friends to the office anytime you want
- Regular table football tournaments and lunch break face-offs
- Team-building events and friendly afterworks (both online and offline)
- Comfortable office with a chill room, ping pong table, boxing bag, table football, and more :)
- And, in case you asked, every day is a fruit Thursday at Centra 🍇 🍈 🍉 🍊 🍋 🍌
Follow us at @lifeatcentra on Instagram, to see what it's like to work at Centra and meet some Centra teammates.